Pages

Friday, December 2, 2016

Pretty Palettes November Challenge

Hi friends!

Today I'm designing with the Pretty Palettes November Challenge. Erin Prais-Hintz held a photo contest to come up with this month's palette.   Here's the color palette generated from the beautiful photo of lamb's ears and maple leaves by Susan Conaway.  Follow the link to her blog, which is filled with gorgeous fiber art!
nov2016

Erin chose these beads from the Bead Gallery(R) line at Michaels.
nov-2016_beads_edited-2

Here's what I picked up at Michaels.
My favorites are the first strand; it's green banded agate and combines almost all the colors in the palette.  I also found a pendant that looked just like a lamb's ear leaf.  I added some fire agate rounds, faceted Czech glass in greenish turquoise with flecks of brown, and gold spacers.  Although I didn't pick up quite the same shades in the palette, the colors are all in the photo.

The first thing that I did was remove the bail from the pendant.  I used brass wire to make my own wrapped bail. 

To embellish the pendant, I added an antique gold oak leaf tied on with waxed linen with a few beads on the ends.  Then, I strung the pendant on a strand of the Czech glass turquoise beads.  I added another strand of the banded agate and fire agate and attached them to an antique gold rope-textured jump ring.  I tied red deerskin lace to the jump rings and tied them at a length that I could slip over my head.  I considered gold chain instead of lace, but I like the informal feel of the leather. 
Banded Agate and Turquoise Necklace
Not a very inspired name, but it's the best I can come up with for now!

Here are the earrings:
I happen to have both lambs' ears and maple leaves in my yard, so I couldn't resist placing them in the photo!

Thanks for the inspiration, Erin and Susan!

No comments:

Post a Comment