Pages

Thursday, June 1, 2017

Pretty Palette Reveal for May

Hi everyone,

This spring has been amazing in the number of shades of green and the abundance of flowers here in California.  We've had a record amount of rain after five or so years of drought and the change has been dramatic.

So, it's wonderful to explore the shades of green in the palette that Molly Schaller chose for this months Pretty Palette.  Inspired by shades in succulents and the Pantone color of the year, she created this palette.

Not only are there lots of shades of green there, but there are some interesting patterns, too.


Molly chose these beads from the Bead Gallery line from Halcraft.



I had some leftover Bead Gallery beads in shades of green and aqua from previous projects, so I thought I'd combine them.  I also had some of the Czech seed beads from Bliss Beads.
I managed to use most of these (everything except the wood round).  I also discovered a carved adventurine pendant from Bead Gallery that went into the mix. 

From these, I created a two-strand necklace and a memory wire bangle.
Here's another photo with both of them:
As usual, I tend toward the blue side of green, but, that way, I'll be wearing this spring into summer!  Thanks for the inspiration, Molly!

Now, head on over to the Pretty Palettes Reveal for May at the Halcraft blog to see all the amazing designs!  And, one more special blog post to see the designs of Erin Prais-Hintz for Pretty Palettes.

4 comments:

  1. Terri, I love what you've made! I also tend toward the bluish greens. Your pops of orange wood beads are gorgeous mixed in with the greens and blues of the bracelet. Your pendant on the ribbon is so pretty, too!
    Thank you for playing along this month! I always love to see what you've made!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All so pretty. I'm especially taken with that lovely ribbon.
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mona! The beautiful ribbon is from https://classactdesigns.com/ They have a wonderful range of colors

      Delete