Pages

Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Dish Towel Apron

Hi there,

Let's face it - life can be messy.  Well, here's a quick and easy apron that helps with that problem.  I made it from a gingham dish towel.  And, I personalized it with JOY Iron-on letters.
Dish Towel Apron

These letters were white, but are easy to dye or color.  I used some pens for this project.  As you can see, I left the letters on the sheet while I colored them.  This holds them in place and makes them much easier to color.
Coloring your letters

All the kids will want their own, and you'll want one for each child.  I'll be creating four more for the rest of my granddaughters!  When they are done with watercolors or eating their peanut butter and jelly, you can just toss the apron in the wash.

For this one, I sewed the bias tape to the dish towel, but you can use fabric glue for a no-sew version.  Either way it's very quick.  And, if you need to shorten the dish towel, simply fold it up and glue or sew it down to create a pocket across the front.  You can also use the pieces you cut out for the armholes to create some patch pockets.

You can find the materials you'll need and the tutorial over on the Creating with Joy blog.

(I am a design team member for JOY SA Inc. and have been provided their product with which to create my product.  I am happy to recommend them.)


No comments:

Post a Comment