Pages

Wednesday, August 2, 2017

August Pretty Palettes Inspiration

Hi all!

I totally missed out on last month's Pretty Palettes challenge.  July was too full with a big needlepoint project and moving my Mom to a house around the corner.  I hope August leaves me a little more space for beady creativity.  I am posting the inspiration here to remind myself!

Molly has chosen a lovely quiet palette this month inspired by a beautiful pool of water lilies.  I love the calm, peaceful quality of this photo.


Here are the beads she has chosen:


And, here's the palette:


The photo of the lilies looks like a painting by Monet, and that reminded me that some time ago I bought some beads that I was going to use for a similar piece.  Some times I buy beads just because I like the look of them!  You never do that, do you?

So, I dug them out, and they will be the start of my piece.  Well, I found one piece; I know I have some smaller beads to go with this!
As you can see from the packaging, I've had this unakite pendant in my stash for a few years!

Here's a better photo to show the corals and greens in the unakite. 
Unakite
I think this will make the perfect focal for my lily pond-inspired necklace.  Now, for a shopping trip to buy some friends for it!


No comments:

Post a Comment