Pages

Wednesday, March 29, 2017

March Pretty Palettes Challenge

Hi everyone,

This month I'm making more time for crafts.  After all, it is National Craft Month!  So far, I've made an etched slate sign, milk bottle flower hangers (see that next month on the Creating with Joy blog) and played with some re-usable mold putty and created a Wrapped Resin Key necklace. 

Today, it's time for more beading with the Pretty Palettes challenge for March over on the Halcraft blog.  Our inspiration this month is a beautiful photo of orange tulips from Molly Schaller.
MarPPInsp

Here's the palette generated from the photo:
marchPalette
And, here are the Bead Gallery beads that Molly chose to go with the palette:

March2017PPBeads
Here are the beads that I picked out to go with this challenge:
I couldn't make it to Michaels and pick up Bead Gallery beads, so I did the next best thing - picked up a couple of strands of Bliss Beads, which are also make by Halcraft.  I really liked how these ceramic beads had greenish flecks on the orange - a perfect fit to the palette!  I'll supplement the ceramic beads and the fire agate rounds with some beads from my stash.

Although I started out thinking of springtime and tulips, with the color of the beads and the wood and stone, I think it came out to be more evocative of a recent trip of mine.  The dark oranges in my beads took me off the path of tulips and I ended up in the Painted Desert!
Painted Desert
Here's the necklace with additions of some Czech wavy discs, an oval picture jasper donut and a tiger skin rondelle from my supplies.  There are also some Bead Gallery wood chips and Bliss Beads crackled glass chips.  I also tied on a couple of green leaves that I had.  Designing is always an adventure, with unexpected twists and turns! 
Desert Springtime
Head over to the Pretty Palettes reveal and see all the other lovely creations from this challenge.  They are inspirational!  I see a visit to Michaels in my future for some of those ceramic rounds and wood discs!

Happy creating!


8 comments:

  1. This is the exact reason I love this challenge... to see everyone's different perspective on things! I am absolutely in love with this necklace, I love how you brought a touch of green in with the rondelle and the leaves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Alison. I, too, love seeing everyone's take on the inspiration.

      Delete
  2. Terry, I love the look of this necklace! So southwestern and laid back. It's hard to find so many flat beads and beads with a small profile, but you've done it wonderfully! I'm so happy to hear you're also smitten with the orange ceramic rounds and the wooden disks. They are really marvellous! If you happen to make something with them and photograph it, I'd love to share it!

    Thank you for playing along! I always look forward to seeing your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super design! Love the way you interrupted the colors and created a totally different feel from the original photo. Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love the beautiful peachy-coral color featured in this necklace, and those pretty tied-on leaves are such a perfect little detail--they really add such a great touch!

    ReplyDelete